Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Plan a Staycation in Lansing
If you're not planning on taking a summer vacation because it's just too expensive to travel with higher gas prices and the cost of hotels, have you ever just thought about a Lansing staycation.?
This can be one of the best things you could do not only for yourself, but your entire family.
I'm from the Lansing area and I know just about every street corner, restaurant, park, business, and everything else in between that you could possibly think of.
If I were to take a staycation right here in Lansing, these would be my top 10 choices on my list:
1. Jackson Field. The first thing I would do is get tickets for my family to watch the Lansing Lugnuts play at Jackson Field. I always believe in supporting local teams in the area, and the Lansing Lugnuts would be a top choice.
2. Potter Park Zoo. This zoo has been around for many years and it offers so much entertainment for families. It's a very well kept up zoo with very unique animals to check out and it's perfect for a family staycation.
3. Lansing's River Trail. This trail is so much fun to bike, run, or walk on for miles and miles. You can pretty much start walking the trail at any point in Lansing and end up in Holt, East Lansing, or just about anywhere.
4. Impression 5 Science Center. On Museum Drive in Lansing. This is a great place to take the kids to see very creative displays of hands on exhibits and so much more. Most people find it very educational.
5. Local restaurants. Isn't that the best part of vacations or in this case, a staycation? You have a choice of staying home and cooking dinner or taking your family out to one of your favorite local Lansing restaurants and enjoying a terrific meal. There are so many excellent restaurants to choose from in the Lansing area.
6. Lake Lansing. Who needs to drive for miles at a time to find a lake to swim in when Lake Lansing is such a short drive. This is a fun lake in the Haslett area which provides lots of fun for the whole family. You can do just about anything at Lake Lansing, such as swimming, boating, kayaking, biking, volleyball, and so much more.
7. Breweries. There are plenty of breweries to choose from in the Lansing area. We won't name any specific breweries because they are all good choices. Breweries are so much fun during a staycation week in Lansing.
8. Beautiful local golf courses. Hawk Hollow, Eagle Eye, El Dorado, Groesbeck, Indian Hills, Forest Acres East, and many more. You can't go wrong on any of the local Lansing area golf courses.
9. Local movie theaters. Celebration Cinema, Studio C, NCG Eastwood Cinemas to name a few. There's nothing better than going to a local movie theater, buying popcorn, candy, and just sitting back and enjoying the new flick on your favorite cinema screen.
10. Old Town. Another great Lansing hangout for a nice staycation. There are several nice restaurants to choose from in Old Town and shopping is something you should add to your list too.