Michigan Creamery’s Ice Cream Wins Best in the Entire U.S.
Did you know that the best vanilla ice cream in the whole country is made right here in the Mitten State?
MOO-ville's Vanilla Ice Cream Wins Top Award
A top honor was awarded to Nashville, Michigan's MOO-ville Creamery by The North American Ice Cream Association at "Conecon" in Fort Worth Texas earlier this month.
At the convention, which is dubbed "the largest ice cream trade event in the U.S.", MOO-ville's vanilla ice cream received the highest score in its category, nabbing a blue ribbon.
Last year Moo-ville scored the same award for its chocolate ice cream. And while this year it didn't get the very top honor, their chocolate did win a blue ribbon. So whether you love chocolate or vanilla ice cream, it seems you can't go wrong with Moo-ville!
It's not the only one of MOO-ville's flavors to be recognized. The ice cream maker's vanilla scored a red ribbon and was ranked among the top 15; strawberry made the top ten and earned a white ribbon.
What Makes MOO-ville's Vanilla Ice Cream So Tasty?
Troy Westendorp, who's in charge of ice cream production at MOO-ville Creamery tells MLive,
For us, having our own dairy farm, we actually plant the crops that we raise our feed for, that we feed our cows, that makes the milk, that we turn into ice cream, so we control every single step from start to finish.
Moo-ville also uses uses granulated sugar instead of corn syrup in its ice cream and about 20-25% more butter fat than the competition, MLive reports.
So what's the name of this delicious ice cream? Nothing too fancy, it's simply "Vanilla".
More Than Just Traditional Flavors
Now, there are a lot of flavors at MOO-ville that do have unusual names. In fact, MOO-ville prides itself on coming up with unique flavors and names - they have more than 80 home-made, hand-dipped different flavors of ice cream!
Some of my favorites that I've tried at Heights Cream in Alger Heights are:
- Sea Monster: Sea salt caramel ice cream with cookie dough & real Oreo's mixed in
- Sower Power: Sour ice cream with a sour swirl and chunks of Sour Patch Kids
- Sir Twix Alot: Cookie butter ice cream with Twix pieces & a caramel swirl
Moo-ville also serves homemade soft serve, sundaes, shakes, malts, floats, and smoothies.
And their ice cream cakes look awesome!
Where Can You Get MOO-ville Ice Cream in West Michigan?
Speaking of Heights Cream, that's one of many places in West Michigan you can get MOO-ville's yummy ice cream.
Of course, you can visit the original MOO-ville in Nashville, where you can also tour the farm and see the MOO-ville cows that provide the mile for the ice cream.
MOO-ville also has locations in Zeeland, Ionia, and Eaton Rapids.
Additional places that scoop MOO-ville ice cream are:
- Parlor Cherry Hill Market 721 Cherry St. SE Grand Rapids MI 49503
- Pinkies Ice Cream & Desserts- 1127 Wealthy St SE Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- Heights Cream 2408 Eastern Ave Grand Rapids, MI 49507
- Robinettes Apple Haus 3142 4 Mile Rd NE Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Underground Cookie Club 5422 Division Ave S Kentwood, MI 49548
- Trailside Treats 1111 Red Head Lane Belmont, MI 49306 616-292-8280
- Scoopers Ice Cream Shoppe 591 Ada Dr SE Ada, MI 49301
- Rocky's Dairy Depot 110 N Main St, Rockford, MI 49341
- KC's Cones and Coneys 422 N Main St NE, Cedar Springs, MI 49319
- Northside Pizza 829 N Michigan Ave Hastings, MI 49058
- Scoopt 155 Riverfront Plaza, Allegan, MI 49010
- Round the Corner Ice Cream 132 Mason St Saugatuck, MI 49453
- Dutch Farm Market 6967 109th Ave South Haven, MI 49090
- The Core Bistro JR Green Properties LLC 3111 Michigan Avenue W Battle Creek, MI 49037
Stores that sell MOO-ville ice cream include select Meijer and Family Fare locations.