Lugnuts Throw No-Hitter, Lose Game
The Lansing Lugnuts threw their second no hitter in franchise history on Thursday. Their record in those games is now 1-1.
After a rainout in Peoria on Wednesday, the Lansing Lugnuts and Peoria Chiefs were set to play a double header on Thursday. In the Midwest League all double headers are seven inning games.
With both teams on identical 50-40 records after a 3-2 Peoria win earlier in the day, the two teams played a 1-0 game where Peoria was no-hit, and still won the game. Lansing pitchers gave up no hits in only six innings of work after they couldn't tie the game in the bottom of the seventh.
The official box score of the Chiefs' sixth inning goes like this:
- Craig Aikin walks.
- Pitching Change: Josh DeGraaf replaces Jordan Romano.
- Magneuris Sierra hits a sacrifice bunt. Fielding error by pitcher Josh DeGraaf. Craig Aikin to 2nd. Magneuris Sierra to 1st.
- Leobaldo Pina grounds into a force out, shortstop Aaron Attaway to second baseman John La Prise. Craig Aikin to 3rd. Magneuris Sierra out at 2nd. Leobaldo Pina to 1st.
- Eliezer Alvarez out on a sacrifice fly to center fielder Jake Thomas. Craig Aikin scores. Leobaldo Pina to 2nd on the throw.
- Jose Godoy grounds out, pitcher Josh DeGraaf to first baseman Justin Atkinson.
The Lugnuts could only tally three hits and never had a runner in scoring position during the second game.