Five Things for November 28th
Here are the Five Things for November 28th
1. The Detroit Lions defeated the Chicago Bears 34-17 in the annual Thanksgiving Day game at Ford Field. Lions WR Calvin Johnson had 11 catches for 146 yards and two touchdowns. The Lions move to 8-4 on the season.
2. The other Thanksgiving Day games saw Philadelphia defeat Dallas 33-10. Eagles RB LeSean McCoy rushed for 159 yards and a TD. And Seattle defeated San Francisco 19-3. Marshawn Lynch rushed for 104 yards and Richard Sherman had two interceptions.
3. TCU stayed alive for a berth in the College Football Playoff by knocking off Texas in Austin, 48-10. Horned Frogs QB Trevone Boykin threw two TD's and ran for another one.
4. The Michigan State men's basketball team defeated Rider 77-45 in round 1 of the Orlando Classic. Denzel Valentine had a career-high 19 points. MSU plays Marquette in the semifinals tonight at 9:00.
5. The MHSAA Football Finals are today and tomorrow at Ford Field in Detroit. Ithaca and Sexton will play for state titles today and tonight. You'll hear the Ithaca-Monroe St. Mary Catholic game on The Game 730 AM WVFN at 4:20pm. The Sexton-Grand Rapids South Christian game is on 97.5 NOW FM at 7:20.