Are You Michigan’s Best Euchre Player? Call It Up at the State Tournament
On Michigan's birthday, the state has a euchre tournament to find out who is the best.
Michigan became the nation’s 26th state on January 26, 1837. Each year, the Michigan History Museum in Lansing has a birthday party with cake, games, music, and fun. There is also a euchre tournament and the winner takes home a gift basket full of Michigan-pride goodies from Michiganology and gets bragging rights as the best in the state.
Michigan's Statehood Day Celebration takes place at the Michigan History Center in Lansing from 10-4 on Saturday, Jan 26, 2019.
- View statehood documents including Michigan's 1835 State Constitution
- See authentic, handmade statehood-era clothing
- Learn the art of quilting with special demonstrations and find out how wool becomes clothing
- Historic craft and trade demonstrations and hands-on opportunities, including rope making, butter churning, surveying, toy making and more
- Birthday cake and the singing of “Happy Birthday” to our state – a “must” experience for anyone who loves Michigan
The euchre tournament will begin at 11 and is limited to the first 20 players to pre-register. Players sign up individually, teams will be randomly drawn the day of the event. Good luck and remember, don't trump your partner's ace!