Five Things for January 26th
Here are today's Five Things for today:
1. Duke defeated St. Johns at Madison Square Garden 77-68. The win marks head coach Mike Kryzezewski's 1,000th career win.
2. Team Irvin defeated Team Carter 32-28 at the Pro Bowl in Glendale, Arizona. Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford was named the Offensive MVP, J.J. Watt was named Defensive MVP.
3. Team Toews defeated Team Foligno 17-12 at the NHL All-Star Game in Columbus, Ohio. John Taveras of the New York Islanders had four goals to lead Team Toews to the win.
4. Women's top seed Serena Williams survived a three-set scare to advance to the quarterfinals of the Australian Open. She defeated Garbine Muguruza 2-6, 6-3, 6-2.
5. Bill Haas won the Humana Challenge on the PGA Tour. His -22 beat five players by one shot. Haas wins just over $1,000,000 for his efforts.