Five Things for April 2nd: Tigers Back at it Today Against Royals
1. The 1-0 Detroit Tigers have another day game at Comerica today against the Royals. Reigning Cy Young winner Max Scherzer takes the hill against Jason Vargas. Vargas threw 150 innings for the Los Angeles Angels last season, sporting a 4.02 ERA. Scherzer had a 3.71 ERA over 26.2 innings this spring.
2. Tom Izzo met with the media yesterday to put a bow on this basketball season. Many topics were brought up, including Gary Harris' future. Joe Rexrode of LSJ.com reports that Izzo said, "His status is very, very high (with NBA executives), and when it's that high, my advice over the years has been 'if you're ready mentally, you should go.'"
Overall, Izzo seems much higher on his 2014-2015 team than most outsiders do.
3. In an awful story, Mick McCabe of Freep.com reports that MSU women's player Madison Williams has torn her ACL for a fourth time. She had surgery on March 27th to repair her knee. She has now torn each of her ACL's twice.
4. The Red Wings play the red hot Boston Bruins, who could be their first round playoff opponent. The B's are 15-0-1 in their last 16 games, and lead the NHL with 110 points. Boston appears destined for the number one seed in the eastern conference. The Wings are currently seventh in the eastern conference, but the eight seed is a very real possibility.
Ansar Khan of Mlive.com reports that there is a slight chance of Pavel Datsyuk playing tonight, but will likely return Friday against Buffalo.
5. DeSean Jackson has found a new home. The former Eagle signed with NFC East foe Washington. Jackson signed a three-year deal, and the dollar figure is still unknown.
Steve Miller is on-air from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. producing ‘Mad Dog in the Morning’ on The Game 730 AM. Follow him on Twitter @SteveMilllerWVFN.