5 Things to Know for Feb. 11; Pistons beat Spurs with New Head Coach
1. In their first game with interim coach John Loyer at the helm, the Pistons beat one of the best teams in the NBA. They knocked off the 37-15 San Antonio Spurs, 109-100. Brandon Jennings had 21 points for Detroit, and Rodney Stuckey had 20 points off the bench as the team moved to 22-29.
2. In our featured high school basketball game last night, East Lansing upset Williamston 71-61. Nate Colon had 21 points for the Trojans as they moved to 5-8 on the season. Williamston got 22 points from Keyan Shepler, but it was not enough for the 9-5 Hornets.
Tonight, our game will be Sexton at Holt. Make sure to tune in around 7:00 as Nick Chase, Brock Palmbos and Steve Miller will be on the call.
3. The Michigan basketball team has a big game tonight, as they visit Ohio State. The Wolverines have lost two of their last three games, and star Nik Stauskas has taken only 15 shot attempts in those games. After going through a four-game losing streak earlier in Big 10 play, OSU has rebounded by winning four of their last five games, including impressive road wins over Wisconsin and Iowa.
4. There were a couple huge Big 12 upsets last night. Marcus Foster scored 20 points for Kansas State as they beat #7 Kansas 85-82. West Virginia shot 13-22 from three point range as they crushed #11 Iowa State 102-77.
5. According to the Detroit News, Malik McDowell's high school coach said that he is sticking with Michigan State. A rivals.com report said that McDowell was planning to visit Florida State and Ohio State.