5 Things For Feb. 12: Michigan Gets Win Over Ohio State
1. Michigan's basketball team bounced back in a big way last night. After losing two of their last three games, they got an impressive road win over Ohio State 70-60.
Nik Stauskas got back on track a little bit, scoring 15 points. They also out-competed OSU on the glass, out-rebounding them 39-27. Ohio State was just 3-20 from behind the arc.
Michigan has a favorable schedule the rest of the way. Their next two games are Wisconsin and Michigan State at home, then their four final games are against teams with below .500 records in the league.
2. The CAAC Blue race is wide open in boy's high school basketball. Holt beat Sexton handily here on The Game 730 AM, 66-50. Grand Ledge, who went through the first half of the conference season undefeated, lost their second straight game last night by falling to Eastern 48-46. Here is the Lansing State Journal's list of all the scores from Tuesday.
3. Some news and notes from Tom Izzo press conference yesterday: the Lansing State
Journal reports that Keith Appling will likely miss both games this week. MSU hopes to get
Branden Dawson back February 23rd against Michigan. Also, from the Detroit News, Tom Izzo still doesn't like twitter.
4. Ndamukong Suh's contract expires after this year, and the Lions will likely look to give
him a long-term contract. The Lions' ownership will have a new celebrity to negotiate with, as ESPN reports that Suh signed to 'Roc Nation', Jay-Z's agency.
5. Men's Olympic hockey gets underway at noon today. Two games are on the schedule: Czech Republic vs. Sweden and Latvia vs. Switzerland. Six Red Wings will be in action for team Sweden. Team USA plays at 7 am tomorrow against Slovakia.