5 Things for Thursday Feburary 13; Michigan State Hosts Northwestern
1. After a rough start to the season, Northwestern's basketball team has played much better in the past few weeks. The Wildcats sit at 5-6 in Big 10 play, and have road wins over Indiana, Minnesota and, Wisconsin.
They will look to pull another road upset tonight as they visit the Breslin Center. According to the Free Press Michigan State will still be without Keith Appling, who is nursing an injured wrist. MSU held Northwestern to just 40 points when these two teams met in early January.
2. All of the good feelings from the Pistons win over San Antonio are now gone. They Blew a 10-point lead in the final eight minutes against the lowly Cleveland Cavaliers resulting in a 93-89 loss. Tristian Thompson had 25 points and 15 rebounds for Cleveland, and point guard Kyrie Irving added 23 points. The Pistons are now 22-30.
3. One of the greatest baseball players of the modern era has decided to call it quits. Yesterday on his Facebook page, Derek Jeter announced his plans to retire after the season. The Kalamazoo native is a 13 time all-star who has amassed over 3300 hits.
4. #1 Syracuse stayed undefeated in thrilling fashion last night. Trailing by one with four seconds left, Tyler Ennis hit an incredible shot at the buzzer.
5. In other college hoops news, Duke/North Carolina was cancelled last night due to inclement weather.