5 Things for Friday February 28th; Dawson expected to return to MSU’s lineup
1. The Lansing State Journal reports that Michigan State's basketball team will welcome Branden Dawson back to the lineup Saturday against Illinois. Dawson has not played since January 21st against Indiana. At that point of the season MSU was rolling, winning 11 straight games. Since then, the Spartans have gone 4-5 through a tough Big Ten schedule. With Dawson back, Tom Izzo will have his whole team available for the first time since early January.
2. In our high school game of the night, East Lansing topped Waverly 58-53. Nate Colon led East Lansing with 14 points, and Mike Fomby paced the Warriors with 18 points. EL has now won six of their last seven games and has to be considered the hottest team in the area.
3. The Michigan State Women's hoops team continued their hot run, blowing out Northwestern 75-44. Aerial Powers led the Spartans with 19 points and 13 rebounds. MSU has won eight of their last nine games and has a chance to clinch a share of the Big 10 title Sunday against Indiana.
4. The Mule is on fire. In his two games since returning to the Red Wings lineup, Johan Franzen has amassed five points. He had a hat trick last night as the Wings got a huge 6-1 win over Ottawa. Detroit is currently the 7-seed in the east and leads ninth-placed Washington by 3 points.
5. A pair of Top-25 Big Ten teams went down last night. #22 Ohio State lost to Penn State for the second time this year, and #20 fell to Indiana 93-86.
Steve Miller is on-air from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. producing ‘Mad Dog in the Morning’ on The Game 730 AM. He also co-hosts Prep Basketball Weekly from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturdays, and can be heard on high school basketball broadcasts. Follow him on Twitter @SteveMilllerWVFN.
Read More: 5 Things For Thursday Feb. 27; Robinson’s Buzzer Beater Gives Michigan Win over Purdue | http://thegame730am.com/5-things-for-thursday-feb-27-robinsons-buzzer-beater-gives-michigan-win-over-purdue/?trackback=tsmclip