5 Things For April 4th: Tigers Get Rained Out
1. Anibal Sanchez was slated to make his first start of the season yesterday, but it was cancelled due to rain. According to this Detroittigers.com article, Sanchez has not seen live hitting since March 12th because his last few starts have been cancelled. Anibal is scheduled to start today against Baltimore.
2. Pavel Datsyuk is expected to return to the lineup for the Wings tonight. According to this Ansar Khan article on Mlive.com, Datsyuk might play on the wing on with Darren Helm and Justin Adbelkater. Datsyuk has missed the last 16 games with a leg injury. Detroit plays Buffalo at the Joe tonight.
3. Adreian Payne was featured in the college slam dunk competition last night. He threw down some great dunks, and ended up finishing third in the competition. Mike Griffith from Mlive.com has the wrap up and some video right here. Travis Bader from Oakland and Okemos high school finished second in the three-point shooting contest.
4. The Spurs incredible 19 game winning streak has come to an end. They were bested by the Oklahoma City Thunder 106-94. Kevin Durant scored 28 points for the Thunder. San Antonio still has a three-game lead at the top of the western conference.
5. Minnesota has won the NIT in Richard Pitino's first season. They beat Larry Brown's SMU mustangs in the finals. Andre Hollins hit the go-ahead three pointer with 46.1 seconds to go.
Steve Miller is on-air from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. producing ‘Mad Dog in the Morning’ on The Game 730 AM. Follow him on Twitter @SteveMilllerWVFN.